Day of the Jackal
1973
Starring:
Edward Fox as Charles Caltrop, the Jackal, and several other aliases
Michael Lonsdale as Deputy Commissioner Claude Lebel (D.C.).
This movie takes place in France in 1962 or '63. An assassination attempt on France's president, Charles de Gaulle, has failed, and the leader executed. The accomplices consult to find a mercenary to kill the president, and choose and English man who only gives them his code name--the Jackal. They agree to pay him $25,000 ahead of time, then another quarter-million dollars after the deed is done.
The Jackal is a very crafty fellow. He has forged passports made, kills the forger, and orders a sneaky little single-shot gun.
After quite a while, the French police start to catch up to him, always just a few steps behind the Jackal.
Warning: Big Spoiler Alert!!
The Jackal is apprehended right after he shoots his one bullet at the President--and misses. The D.C. shoots and kills him just as he fits another bullet in the gun.
Spoiler Alert Ended!!
All in all, I did not like this movie. At all. It was confusing (I couldn't keep track of all the names), and boring. We watched it on TCM, and they said it would 'keep you on the edge of your seat'. It didn't. Not only was it confusing and boring, it had some language sprinkled through it (as in bad language) and four or five indecent scenes with badly-placed cameras and not-placed-at-all clothing, and several relationship problems. I do not recommend this movie for anyone under the ripe old age of 372 years. Or if you're blind and deaf, I suppose... Anywho, that is why I'm not posting any links to Ebay or Netflix or any other place you can find this movie. It's not worth it.
~Kiwifruit
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Day of the Jackal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, I dare say you should tell me about your new blog before complaining that I never comment. Right?
Cool blog idea! The chick flick sounds interesting. :P
You need to get Arsenic & Old Lace. It's a good one. ;D
Well that Jackal movie sounds like trash. And I agree with owan. You need to tell us that you have a new blog before yelling that we should comment. But then of course, you were never that patient. *smile*
-Avalon
You should tell me about new blogs before yelling and complaining that i never comment..My goodness..you never visit my blog, so i never get your profile...i have to go to Catfreak's blog and it only takes me to your other one...Maybe if you would visit MY blog sometime and leave a COMMENT sometime...i could view your profile more...
-Judi
Post a Comment